The leaders are excited, the staff are excited, and I know the kids are excited as well! On October 4, we start our new “Children’s Church” program here at Anchor Point Bible Church called ANCHOR KIDS. This program is for 4yrs through 5th grade. The big difference now is that they will be meeting during the morning worship service, starting at 10 am. There are a few things that are happening that we wanted to make you aware of that you’ll find listed below. If you have ANY questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!
- Parents will check in their child(ren) BEFORE the morning worship service in the Captains Quarters (AKA the board room). Here, they will receive a quick health screen followed by getting a check in sticker.
- One sticker will go on the back of the child(ren), and the parents will keep one for themselves for checkout. As you go to pick up your child(ren), you will hand your sticker to the volunteer, and they will get your child for check-out.
- Parent’s will bring their kids down to the ANCHOR KIDS room located in THE HARBOR hallway (follow the signs). There, they will start out with high energy and engaging singing. The music will correlate with the topic of the morning (we are using Group Publishing’s KIDS OWN WORSHIP as our curriculum). We will also take an offering to begin teaching at a young age the truth of giving back to the Lord.
- After the singing and the offering, the teachers will bring their group to their designated classroom where they will have an age appropriate Bible based lesson (which will include fun activities, crafts, and amazing peer building exercises). The classes are Pre-K through 2nd grade (The Voyagers) and 3rd -5th grade (C.R.E.W.).
- After the lesson, they will then head back to large group time in the ANCHOR KIDS room where they will close in one more song and prayer. This is where you will pick up your child(ren).
Again, we are super excited about this new format as we kick-off the 2020 Fall Children’s Ministry season. We want to be able to teach solid Biblical Truths all the while making it fun and memorable for the children. The teachers and helpers are scheduled for two weeks in a row, once a quarter. If you have any questions or you would like to volunteer, please see Pastor Steve.
If you are new to the children’s ministry, we would love to have you get signed up! Just make your way to the Captains Quarters, and we’ll get you all squared away! Thank you for entrusting us with your most precious possessions!
The ANCHOR KIDS staff and volunteers